Tiger Buddies Basketball

Abbey Kramer, Staff Photographer

This year, Crystal Lake Central hosted its very own life skills basketball tournament! With the help of many students and staff, this debut was one to remember. Mr. Badgley, a life skills teacher, had planned and organized the entire event. He gathered all of his students together and encouraged them to participate in this experience. If the students chose not to play basketball, they were either a cheerleader, superfan, or waterboy/girl.

To prepare for the game, Mr. Badgley held practices within his free periods. Along with that, some CLC cheerleaders took the time out of their day to show the life skills students cheers before the big game. Without them, this event wouldn’t have been the same. Another great aspect of this day was the band leading the basketball players onto the floor. Those smiles were contagious! From the CLC crazies holding up fatheads to the parents and teachers providing amazing support, this event wouldn’t have been as special without their enthusiasm.

We look forward to hosting this event again. If you were unable to attend, next year is going to be just as great! Thanks again to all of those who participated and put so much time and effort into this day.

In addition, the Life Skills students formed a basketball league outside of school and participated in games on weekends. On January 14th, they were involved in a Special Olympics tournament and did really well! Although they didn’t make it to state, they sure played their hearts out! Mr. Badgley (the coach) said, “The students played hard and really represented CLC well. I know they enjoyed playing in front of their classmates, parents, and teachers including Principal Ernd.  We are very proud of them!”